Why “Free” Websites Are Always A Bad Idea
Business owners everywhere understand how important a website is for their success. But times are tough, and it’s natural to want to build a website in the cheapest way possible. However, creating a free website is never a good idea. The biggest mistake that business owners make is that they don’t invest in their own website.
It’s no surprise that a big part of building traffic to a website is networking, and perception is everything. Asking others to network with a free website will only make them question how serious you are about your business. Additionally, the search engines give far more credibility to paid domain names.
There are many reasons why free websites are a bad idea for any business. These include:
- Free websites have limited space for your web pages
- It’s impossible to add additional features such as plug-ins, shopping carts, forums, etc. to a free website
- Visitors to your website might doubt your credibility
- You might have to put up with ads on your homepage or other pages
- You don’t actually own a free website, you’re just borrowing it
- There are no guarantees of site availability and longevity
- You don’t get a branded email address with your free website
- Free websites typically have poor or non-existent support options
It’s quite simple really; if you were going to create a business offline you would plan on investing money in it. The same goes for your online business. Taking shortcuts is never worth it in the long run.
Alter Impact has over thirteen years of experience creating professional websites for a wide variety of businesses. We strive to create effective websites and provide quality web content, search engine optimization and blogs. For more information, please contact us today.